Woke up with a fucking headache and twisted gut this morning but I must be off to work anyway. I suspect this is related to sleep deprivation, stress and left-over illness, all wrapped up in a blegh package.
For the quiz I studied all the katakana and all I had to know were the vowels, k, s, h, ra, n and a few others...
Sensei had made copies of the wrong quiz so he asked what English words we had used as examples, wrote them on the board, and used those as the majority of the Quiz!!! He had us convert some from Romaji to Katakana and translate some from Katakana to English. Ugh! I hadn't studied those words! I thought they had just been examples of how English words are written in Katakana! He left the original English words on the board for a while and I know many students used the list a lot to rush through the quiz before he realized he had left it there and erased it.
I was the last one to finish because I was determined to pull from my personal knowledge and do it right and legally. Then I showed him all I had studied. His eyes got a little large. I am very much ahead of where I need to be. But for me I am driven and determined to be able to READ Japanese.
I absolutely SUCK at speaking it.
I get to go to the lab after work today and drill the tape. Whoo hoo...
Thanks: --> to Lia, my sensei, who has inspired me to draw again. I
wouldn't be doing this without your support, Domo Arigato!
--> to Talon, for sending me her fabulous fics, inspiring me with her writing to draw my first
illustration for a story and actually liking what I drew.
--> to Dasia, for her words of encouragement when drawing her original chara.
--> to Joules, a wonderful epic fic writer, for liking my art enough to want to post them with Talon's
and her own stories.
--> to Lutra, the other half of the epic team, for being so supportive.
--> to Jacque' & Becca Raddittzu, we met on eBay as bidder and sellers and now we are face-to-face
friends. You showed us the real DBZ with your fansubs. It's all your fault the house is full of
doujinshi! *LOL*